Agilent has introduced the inert OneNeb nebulizer – a revolutionary new design universal nebulizer for MP-AES and ICP-OES applications. Based on Flow Blurring nebulization technology, the OneNeb generates a fine aerosol that provides improved sensitivity and provides greater tolerance to dissolved solids. The inert construction makes the OneNeb a universal design that can handle all samples including strong acids such as HF and common organic solvents, and yet it simplifies method development and measures all samples with efficient operation over a wide flow rate.
Benefits of the inert OneNeb nebulizer include:
• High sensitivity. The Flow Blurring technology used in the OneNeb nebulizer creates a fine aerosol with the majority of droplets sized < 10 µm and a narrow size distribution. This ensures optimal sample transport for enhanced precision. Sensitivity is also increased by a factor up to two times, even when running with low sample flow rates.
• Excellent precision and low detection limit. Typical precision achieved when using the OneNeb nebulizer is less than 1% RSD. The OneNeb also ensures robust and reliable performance as the fine aerosol is more efficiently desolvated and excited in the plasma. This improves analytical precision and means that you can also achieve improved (lower) detection limits.
• High TDS tolerance. The OneNeb provides greater tolerance to dissolved solids, so you can easily run samples that may induce blockage with conventional nebulizer designs e.g. up to 25% TDS often found in estuarine waters, brines and fine chemicals.
• Superb long term stability. The OneNeb provides superb stability over long term measurement, with excellent chemical resistance and tolerance to dissolved solids in the sample.
• Flexibility. The OneNeb nebulizer can replace a whole range of nebulizers you might be using today – whether it is the nebulizer you use for routine samples, a microflow nebulizer used to measure volume limited samples, a “high solids” capable nebulizer used to run samples with high levels of dissolved solids or an inert nebulizer used to measure samples prepared in aggressive acid digests. The OneNeb nebulizer can even be operated over a wide range of solution flow rates, from 0.04 to 2.0 mL min-1 without sacrificing sensitivity.
• Inertness and robustness. The OneNeb is made of polymeric material (PFA and PEEK) making it suitable for virtually any sample including common organic solvents used in the petrochemical industry and sample digests from geochemical fusions that are prepared in aqua regia, hydrofluoric acid (HF) or four acid digests (HClO4 – HCl - HNO3 - HF). It is physically robust so that if you accidentally drop it, it will still be intact and continue to provide great performance.
• Simple and easy to use. The OneNeb nebulizer is directly compatible with most conventional glass cyclonic and insert spray chambers. Simply replace the existing concentric glass nebulizer with the OneNeb - no other method changes are required.
• Low maintenance. Simply rinse with your rinse solution when your analysisis complete
Fernando Gómez-Herreros, Lola de Miguel-Jiménez, Macarena Morillo-Huesca, Lidia Delgado-Ramos, María C. Muñoz-Centeno and Sebastián Chávez*
Departamento de Genética, Facultad de Biología, Universidad de Sevilla, Avda Reina Mercedes 6. E-41012 Seville, Spain
Received February 18, 2011; Revised April 4, 2012; Accepted April 5, 2012
Transcription factor IIS (TFIIS) stimulates RNA cleavage by RNA polymerase II by allowing backtracked enzymes to resume transcription elongation.
Yeast cells do not require TFIIS for viability, unless ,they suffer severe transcriptional stress due to NTP-depleting drugs
like 6-azauracil ormycophenolic acid. In order to broaden our knowledge on the role of TFIIS under transcriptional stress, we carried out a genetic screening for suppressors of TFIIS-lacking cells’ sensitivity to 6-azauracil and mycophenolic acid. Five suppressors were identified, four of which were related to the transcriptional regulation of those genes encoding ribosomal components [rRNAs and ribosomal proteins (RP)], including global regulator SFP1. This led us to discover that RNA polymerase II
is hypersensitive to the absence of TFIIS under NTP iscarcity conditions when transcribing RP genes. The absence of Sfp1 led to a profound alteration of the transcriptional response to NTP-depletion, thus allowing the expression of RP genes to resist these
stressful conditions in the absence of TFIIS. We discuss the effect of transcriptional stress on ribosome biogenesis and propose that TFIIS contributes to prevent a transcriptional imbalance between rDNA and RP gene.
El próximo lunes, 23 de abril, Biomedal, junto con el Instituto Universitario de Farmacia Industrial, impartirá un seminario sobre conceptos básicos de microencapsulación monodispersa enfocado en aplicaciones del área de la microbiología, terapia celular y tecnología farmacéutica. El objetivo de este seminario es mostrar una innovadora tecnología para microencapsular células, bacterias y biomoléculas que mantienen su funcionalidad, basada en la tecnología Flow Focusing® mediante el equipo portatil de microencapsulación monodispersa, Cellena®.
Dr. Angel Cebolla Ramirez and Mr. Joaquin Gómez Moya
Biomedal SLand Ingeniatrics have signed a strategic distribution agreement. Biomedal will be the global distributor of Ingeniatric's portable Bioencapsulation device, Cellena®. The agreement was signed on Friday, March 16th at Ingeniatrics’s facilities by both companies CEOs Dr. Angel Cebolla Ramirez, Biomedal, and Mr. Joaquin Gómez Moya, Ingeniatrics.
Cellena® is a user-friendly, portable device that makes unneeded the use of autoclave as it is provided with sterile disposable nozzles. Nonetheless it is aimed to a highly specialized market: e.g. stem cells researchers; it is a complex sales process that requires a distributor like Biomedal. This is a well known biotechnology company with a seasoned sales force and whose mission is to develop and commercialize new biomedical technologies, services and products for research, bioindustry and diagnostics. Biomedal enhances the talent of its team with the collaboration of an outstanding and growing network of international scientists and technologists, and directs its efforts to satisfy its customers.
The excellent market position of this company based in Seville ensures short-term success in Emerging markets as cell therapy or stem cell research
Bioencapsulation Step forward
“This agreement confirms the Ingeniatrics effort to settle down as one of the main microencapsulation key-players. Cellena® would improve some assays and diagnostics in an order of magnitude and can be utilized in combination with cytometers like - for instance - COPAS and Biosorter” indicated Ángel Cebolla.
Biomedal will offer this device among other products to improve the society quality of life and has started proposing Bioencapsulation as a cost-effective solution to the some of the most important research groups in the world. On the other hand, Ingeniatrics still owns the Flow Focusing® technology and stays sole manufacturer of Cellena®.
La Oficina de Transferencia de Resultados de Investigación (OTRI) ha elaborando un catálogo acerca de las Spin off de la Universidad de Sevilla.Este catálogo pretende hacer lo más atractiva posible la información publicada de cada compañía, destacando el origen tecnológico de las mismas y haciendo especial hincapié en patentes, servicios, productos y proyectos de investigación.
"Desde el Vicerectorado de Transferencia Tecnológica de la Universidad de Sevilla se han impulsado actuaciones que falicitan la valorización del conocimiento generado por la Universidad, favoreciendo el proceso de transferencia de conocimeinto universitario a la sociedad y dando especial relevancia a la creación de empresas Spin Off como herramienta eficaz de aplicación del conocimiento generado en la institución"
On March 2012, the technological company Ingeniatrics, specialized in design and production of micro and nano particles and the equipment to produce them, has attained ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certificates issued by AENOR, acknowledging that Ingeniatrics’ environmental and quality management systems fully meet international requirements according to UNE-EN-ISO 9001:2008 and UNE-EN-ISO 14001:2004 after the corresponding audits.
The audit was carried out by a team of AENOR, Asociación Española de Normalización y Acreditación, which is in possession of close to 190 national and international accreditations including ENAC's. ENAC is the Spanish Accreditation Body which in turns belongs the international quality certification accreditation system and is recognized in the UE, EFTA, USA, Canada, Japan, China, Australia... Up to 60 countries.
Continuous improvement in the long run:
Pilot plant’s construction ended in December 2011, so validation tests, operational and procedures qualification started up immediately after that. Simultaneously quality control projects had started on March 2011, going through different phases of study, project, documentation, procedures definition, procedures deployment, reviews, mandatory pre-auditory and finally - on December 2011 and January 2012 - the audit itself.
Ingeniatrics' quality control and environmental management was led by Lola Romero who indicates “this milestone is not the end, but the beginning of a way of continuous improvement which reaffirms the company position in the market”. Ingeniatrics' principals have targeted chemical, pharmaceutical and food major corporations interested in the applications of Flow Focusing and Flow Blurring microparticles technology.
Certification for pharma field is in progress. Current certificate scope is: "Provision of microencapsulation services for Chemicals and Nutrition industries. Design and manufacturing of micro- and nano- particles. Design and manufacturing of nebulizers and atomization systems."